Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for eastern part of ALEXANDRA BRIDGE and COURTENAY in SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people bounded by Brockman Highway to the North, Courtney Road to the East, Payne Road to the South, Wall Road to the West .
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is burning in the area.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near the intersection of BROCKMAN HWY and BECK RD in COURTENAY.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
Bushfire ADVICE for eastern part of ALEXANDRA BRIDGE and COURTENAY in SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people bounded by Scott River Road to the East, Strucels Road to the South, Blackwood River to the West, Marsh Road to the North.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of Brockman Highway and Beck Road in COURTENAY.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for parts of COURTENAY, KARRIDALE, KUDARDUP, FOREST GROVE, WARNER GLEN, ALEXANDRA BRIDGE, NILLUP and surrounds in the SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people bounded by Bussell Highway to the west, Wright Road to the north, Dennis Road to the east and Gov Broome Road to the south in parts of COURTENAY, KARRIDALE, KUDARDUP, FOREST GROVE, WARNER GLEN, ALEXANDRA BRIDGE, NILLUP and surrounds in the SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER. .
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day/night
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
- It is contained and under control.
- Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting up to 100 metres ahead of the fire.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Augusta-Margaret River.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- The fire was reported at 12:42 PM on 22 May 2018.
- The Shire of Augusta-Margaret River is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE: