Concerns about illicit drugs in Manjimup prompted Bunbury Detectives to launch Operation Zagros in July 2017.
The sale and supply of illicit drugs in Manjimup was targeted over six months, resulting in collection of information and the nomination of several persons of interest.
On 13 December 2017, Bunbury Detectives executed a search warrant at a residence in Withers where it is alleged police located and seized 156 grams of Methylamphetamine, an amount of Cannabis, an unlicensed semi-automatic rifle with a silencer and over $20,000 in cash.
A 43 year old man from Withers was charged with the below offences and is due to appear in the Bunbury Magistrates Court tomorrow, 11 January 2018.
• Possession of a Methylamphetamine with Intent to sell or supply;
• Possess a prohibited drug (Cannabis);
• Possession of unlicensed firearm;
• Possession of a silencer;
• Possession of ammunition; and
• Possession of unlawfully obtained property (cash).
Yesterday, Tuesday 9 January 2018, Bunbury Detectives, Manjimup Police, Organised Crime Squad along with police officers from across the South West District, accompanied by the Police Canine Unit, undertook the coordinated execution of 14 search warrants in the Manjimup area and a result, 12 people have been charged with a total of 58 offences including:
A 45 year old man from Manjimup was charged with the below offences and is due to appear in the Bunbury Magistrates Court today, 10 January 2018.
• 19 counts of Offer to Supply a Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine);
• Three counts of Sold Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine);
• Two counts of Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis);
• Two counts of Unlawfully Possessed a Controlled or Prescription drug;
• One count of Conspiracy to Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply;
• One count of Possession of a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell/Supply;
• One count of Possession of Unlawfully Obtained Property (cash);
• One count of Possess a Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine);
• One count of Possess Implement; and
• One count of Fail to Obey Data Access.
A 37 year old man from Manjimup has been charged with the below offences and is due to appear in the Bunbury Magistrates Court today, 10 January 2018.
• Three counts of Sold Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine); and
• One count of Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis).
Numerous other people from Manjimup were charged with a range of offences including selling and
possessing Methylamphetamine, Cannabis and drug paraphernalia.
Anyone with information regarding illicit drug dealing in the community is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or to visit the Crime Stoppers website www.crimestopperswa.com.au.
All information is treated confidentially and you can remain anonymous if you wish.