A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people bounded by Bussell Highway, Caves Road, Green Hill Road, Jane Road and Palmdale Avenue Road in the Shire of Augusta-Margaret River.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near Bussell Highway and Westbay Retreat Caravan Park in Augusta.
- It is burning on both sides of Bussell Highway in paddocks.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Augusta-Margaret River.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are actively fighting the fire.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE: