Elderly Man Pulled Unconscious From Burning Lidcombe Home

84 year old is in serious condition

Elderly Man Pulled Unconscious From Burning Lidcombe Home

An elderly man is lucky to be alive, pulled unconscious from his house at Lidcombe this morning, after a blaze broke out while he was cooking.

Police and emergency services were called to Maud Street about 12.50am after an SES volunteer smelt smoke while driving in the area and called fire fighters.

Crews managed to get the man out, treating him for smoke inhalation.

"It took about 15 to 20 minutes to extinguish, and the cause of that fire has been determined as cooking on the stove" Superintendent Greg Rankin from Fire and Rescue said.

The man remains in a serious condition in Westmead Hospital.

Post

 

;