ISSUED FOR: Barnawartha South, Barnawartha North, Huon Creek, Indigo Valley, West Wodonga
INCIDENT LOCATION: FELLTIMBER CREEK RD, WEST WODONGA
ISSUED: 12/04/2018 07:16 AM
NEXT UPDATE EXPECTED: 12/04/2018 09:20 AM
This Advice message is being issued for Barnawartha North, Huon Creek, Indigo Valley, West Wodonga, Barnawartha South.
- There is a SMALL 1 Hectare grassfire at Cookinburra Road FELLTIMBER CREEK RD, WEST WODONGA that is under control
- This grassfire is traveled in a southerly direction towards Felltimber Creek Road.
What you should do:
- Monitor weather conditions and warnings as grassfires can spread rapidly.
- Keep the roads clear so emergency services can respond.
Impacts in your area:
- Grassfires can create a lot of smoke.
- Smoke will be visible from nearby communities and roads.
- Firefighters are attending to this fire.
This message was issued by Country Fire Authority.The next update is expected by 12/04/2018 09:20 am or as the situation changes.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call 000.
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- Via www.emergency.vic.gov.au.
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
- Call the VicEmergency Hotline to talk to someone about this warning on freecall 1800 226 226.
- People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment can contact VicEmergency Hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
- For help with English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this number.
- Download the VicEmergency app or follow VicEmergency on Twitter (#vicfires) or Facebook.