The Queen’s Baton Relay is coming to Bunbury and you can be a part of its journey to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Almost 4000 participants are needed to carry the baton across Australia, with the Bunbury leg occurring on 23 February 2018. Gold Coast 2018 is calling on people to nominate local legends - everyday Australians who inspire others to be great - to be Batonbearers.
Gold Coast 2018 is looking for people who:
- Have achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary; or
- Have made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community; or
- Have excelled, or aspire to excel athletically or personally; or
- Contribute to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community;
- Are at least 10 years old as at 25 December 2017; and
- Are an Australian citizen or lawfully entitled to reside in Australia during the Relay period (25 December 2017 – 4 April 2018).
Being a Batonbearer is a unique experience and is also an opportunity to be involved in the largest event to be staged in Australia in a decade. To nominate a Batonbearer, visit www.gc2018.com/qbr and write 100 words about why the person is an inspiration. Nominations must be received by 15 March.