The start of November each year sees many men tossing away the razor in an endeavor to look like a Spanish film star, however the real reason (we think) is to point a spotlight on men's health.
Movember has been around for years and this year I get the feeling more blokes will by trying to grow the mo while raising some dollars for the cause.
To highlight why we need this campaign take a look at these figures;
STATISTICS ON MENS' HEALTH WORLWIDE
- 1-in-8 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime
- 1-in-2 men will be diagnosed with cancer
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in men aged 15-29
- 3-out-of-4 suicide victims are men
- More than 500,000 men take their own life every year. That's one every minute.
Scary stuff hey?
So if you see a guy with the face fuzz who's giving his best Errol Flynn or Lee Van Cleef a shot, shake their hand and maybe make a donation to the cause.