“I feel like I am struggling with my drug or alcohol use – who do I turn to?”
For immediate support call 1800 888 236 – DirectLine is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: http://www.directline.org.au/
Counsellors will chat with you about your situation and work with you to find the best resource for your needs and give you a referral.
DirectLine also offers online resources like: Service Finder – enter your postcode to see where the nearest support service is to you.
- 3805, Narre Warren - SECADA Drug & Alcohol Recovery Support
- 3037, Hillside - North and West Metro Alcohol & Drug Service - North West Catchment
- 3194, Mentone – Bayside Alcohol and Other Drug Service
DirectLine is also available to people who are concerned with a friend or family member.
Treatment services available in Victoria (DirectLine can help you work out which is most relevant for your needs)
- Counselling and support
- Withdrawal services (includes residential short-stay; home-based services and outpatient treatment)
- Pharmacotherapies (methadone etc.)
- Drink and Drug Driving programs to help get your licence back
- Rehabilitation and post-withdrawal programs (residential and peer support)
- Family and group counselling
- Specialist alcohol and drug treatment services for Aboriginal people who are affected
- Services for young people
A one stop shop if you need to find a phone number for a range of services: https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/alcohol-and-drugs/aod-treatment-services/pathways-into-aod-treatment/aod-telephone-online-services
MINISTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH MARTIN FOLEY:
TONY FROM WILLIAMSTOWN'S EMOTIONAL CHAT:
Remember to tune in to Triple M's Hot Breakfast! Monday to Friday from 6 am on 105.1 Triple M.