Former Blue Aisake O'hAilpin Sitting Out Of Footy Over Alleged Headbutt

'An application was made...'

Former Blue Aisake O'hAilpin Sitting Out Of Footy Over Alleged Headbutt (Image: Getty)

Former Carlton player Aisake O'hAilpin is sitting out of football until a verdict can be reached on an alleged headbutt.

O'hAilpin was on Wednesday found not guilty of an alleged headbutt on former St Kilda player Raphael Clarke in the Northern Territory Football League.

The league appealed the decision, with a hearing originally set for this morning, but postponed as the 32-year-old was "not well enough to attend or play".

His club, Nightcliff, has agreed he will sit out of football until the Appeal Board proceeds.

"An application was made by the Nightcliff Football Club to adjourn the hearing of the appeal because the player is not well enough to attend or play and made application to adjourn until he is well enough. This application was accepted by the Appeal Board," the AFLNT said in a statement on Saturday.

"In the meantime, Nightcliff have agreed that the player will not play until the matter proceeds.  

"Nightcliff and St Mary’s have both requested the players's privacy be respected."

A suspension would end his career, with O'hAilpin totalling 15 weeks of suspension across his footy career.

Another week would total 16, the amount necessary for an automatic deregistration from football.

O'hAilpin previously expressed his relief at a not guilty verdict, saying he and Clarke "know what happened".

"There was no footage anyway. Me and Raph (Clarke) know what happened anyway," he told ABC.

"I'm glad the tribunal listened to what I had to say. And we got the result we wanted."

;