Jay Clark has said Max Gawn will likely miss around three months of footy after the latest diagnosis on his hamstring.
Gawn went off injured in the second quarter yesterday with a hamstring complaint, which was originally thought to be a standard four-week layoff.
But the Demons confirmed on Sunday the injury was worse.
"Yesterday Melbourne was thinking this was a standard hamstring injury for Max Gawn, but the bad news is that it's not," Clarky said on the Sunday Rub.
"They have had some scans on the big fella's hamstring and there is some tendon damage...that can mean two to three months. Possibly even a little bit more."
He compared the injury to two other Bulldogs.
"Jordan Roughead has got that injury at the moment," he said.
"We saw Jason Johannisen have surgery on his hamstring tendon last year.
"So this is usually a three to four month injury."