Joel Selwood believes fellow Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield will "be okay" and thinks he won't miss any footy with his injured ankle.
Dangerfield hurt his ankle early in yesterday's clash with Hawthorn, which saw him sent forward.
It ended up being a match-winning move, with Dangerfield kicking 5.6 in the three-point win.
Jay Clark gave an update earlier on the Sunday Rub.
"As of this morning, certainly the club is very hopeful it's simply bone bruising," he said.
"(He's) very much in doubt for Friday's game against Adelaide...the club is very hopeful and optimistic at this stage that it isn't a nasty injury. Maybe he might only miss one week."
Selwood joined the Sunday Rub, and believes the fact Dangerfield played out the game means he might not miss next week at all.
"I sent him (a text) last night to make sure he was okay," he said on Triple M.
"I think we can be pretty confident. If you play out three quarters, then he should be in pretty good stead come the end of next week, hopefully.
"We play Friday night, it's a quick turnaround, but without training too much, if you play three quarters on that, I'm suspecting there's no break there.
"He'll be okay."