Which teams like to burst out of the gates? And which ones are often caught napping?
When investigating the stats behind which teams have won the most first-quarters for 2017, the ladder is given a shake-up.
Essendon - 10th on the AFL ladder - see themselves placed first for first-quarters having won 12 of 15 this year.
The biggest sliders are Adelaide, who move from 1st on the ladder to a meek 15th when accounting for the first term performances.
Here is the breakdown:
2017 Ladder By First-Quarters Won
1. Essendon (10th on ladder) - 13W, 2L, 0D, 156.77%
2. Port Adelaide (4th) - 10W, 5L, 0D, 154.44%
3. West Coast (9th) - 9W, 5L, 1D, 121.58%
4. Gold Coast (14th) - 9W, 6L, 0D, 80.05%
5. Hawthorn (13th) - 8W, 6L, 1D, 119.53%
6. GWS (2nd) - 8W, 6L, 1D, 98.89%
7. Sydney (8th) - 8W, 6L, 1D, 96.33%
8. Melbourne (5th) - 8W, 7L, 0D, 78.61%
9. Richmond (6th) - 7W, 7L, 1D, 130.45%
10. Geelong (3rd) - 7W, 7L, 1D, 90.24%
11. St Kilda (7th) - 7W, 8L, 0D, 109.38%
12. North Melbourne (17th) - 6W, 8L, 1D, 120.90%
13. Collingwood (15th) - 6W, 8L, 1D, 79.36%
14. Carlton (16th) - 6W, 9L, 0D, 88.47%
15. Adelaide (1st) - 5W, 9L, 1D, 103.36%
16. Fremantle (12th) - 5W, 9L, 1D, 63.97%
17. Western Bulldogs (11th) - 5W, 10L, 0D, 78.29%
18. Brisbane Lions (18th) - 4W, 11L, 0D, 74.01%