The Cats notched up a home qualifying final with their big win over the Giants.
And, in the process, Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield notched himself up an all-time record.
Danger racked up 24 contested possessions in the win, alongside 33 disposals and a goal, which sees him past Sydney's Josh Kennedy for the most contested possessions ever recorded in a home and away season.
Remarkably, Kennedy had held the entire podium, with the first, second and third-best home and away seasons on record in terms of contested ball.
But Danger's had his say on that.
Most contested possessions in a home and away season
1. Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) - 386 (2017)
2. Josh Kennedy (Sydney) - 368 (2012)
3. Josh Kennedy (Sydney) - 365 (2013)
4. Josh Kennedy (Sydney) - 362 (2015)
5. Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) - 361 (2012)