Test contender Marcus Stoinis has been withdrawn from the next round of the Sheffield Shield due to personal reasons.
Cricket.com.au has reported the WA all-rounder will miss the crucial clash against New South Wales to spend time with his family.
Stoinis's father is battling Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which has worsened over the last 18 months to the point where the 28-year-old returned to his home state from Victoria.
Nathan Coulter-Nile will also miss to captain a tour game against an England XI, while all-rounder D'Arcy Short and quick Jason Behrendorff have come into the squad.
Stoinis, as well as Shaun Marsh and Hilton Cartwright, are among the standouts for Ashes selection among the Warriors.
The all-rounder, who has been touted as a possible contender for the number six spot, previously told The Daily Telegraph his thoughts weren't on the future and possible Ashes selection.
“In terms of the pressures of an upcoming Test series now, and selection, at the moment I don’t think any further ahead than right now,” he said last week.
“Because I’ll leave here and go straight to the hospital. That’s just every day.
“It’s clichéd, but I think when you’re faced with tough conditions, you just get brought back down to earth and humbled and you can’t be anywhere else except the present.”
Western Australia squad:
Mitch Marsh (c), Ashton Turner (vc), Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Hilton Cartwright, Josh Inglis, Matt Kelly, Simon Mackin, Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Jhye Richardson, D’Arcy Short, Jonathan Wells.
Triple M Rocks The Ashes ball by ball from day one of the first Test in Brisbane, Thursday 23 November.