Winx's return to racing has been postponed until Monday due to tomorrow's meeting at Randwick postponed due to extreme heat.
Jockeys and trainers were committed to a provincial meeting at Wyong on Sunday, so Monday was the first possible date the Apollo meeting could be run.
Racing NSW Chief Executive, Mr Peter V’landys AM said: “We have been in communication with the Bureau of Meteorology, who were extremely helpful with providing the most up to date and accurate predictions as to the likely conditions tomorrow.”
Mr Peter V’landys added: “Racing NSW and the ATC believed that animal welfare and the welfare of the participants should be the only consideration when making this decision.”
ATC Chief Executive, Mr Darren Pearce said: “The ATC want to ensure that horses’ preparation for the Autumn Carnival are not affected and, accordingly, the meeting will be programmed for Monday, 13 February 2017.
Further details to come regarding Monday’s race meeting.