Cameron Smith has been named the winner of the Golden Boot Award as the best player in rugby league.
Smith, joined an elite class of rugby league players to have been judged the world's best on numerous occasions, edging out Suliasi Vunivalu, Jason Taumalolo and Jermaine McGilvary.
Immortality awaits for the Melbourne Storm, Queensland and Kangaroos captain after a record breaking year, all at the young age of 34.
Cameron Smith in 2017:
- NRL Premiership Ring
- State of Origin Series win, making it 11 in 12 years
- First man to play 40 Origin games
- Dally M Player of the Year
- Dally M Hooker of the Year
- Dally M Captain of the Year
- Record-breaking 358 NRL games, the most of anyone in the history of the NRL.
- First player in the history of the game to kick 1,000 premiership goals (Second behind Hazem El Masri on all-time points scoring list).
- 254 NRL wins, giving him the most first grade wins in history.
- Most consecutive Test matches for the Kangaroos (currently at 39-games)
- Golden Boot Award as the Best Rugby League Player of 2017