NRL boss Todd Greenberg says the league's night of nights will go ahead with or without the attendance of the players.
But the CEO is confident any threat of a Dally M Awards boycott has passed and anticipates a smooth resolution to the ongoing collective bargaining agreement talks.
The saga has dragged on for more than 15 months, with the current deal due to expire at the end of October.
Greenberg said he would meet again with Rugby League Players' Association boss Ian Prendergast this week to continue the process.
The Dally M Awards were called off in 2003 as a bitter pay dispute split the game.
But Greenberg is not anticipating a boycott of next Wednesday's gala event, as first threatened when progress stalled earlier this year.
"I know people are desperate for us to do a deal and hopefully (it will happen soon)," Greenberg said on Fox Sports' NRL 360 on Monday night.
"The Dally M will go ahead, we're preparing as if the players will be there (but if they're not) the night will go ahead and it'll be a great celebration of the game."
"I don't think it'll come to that though; we've been in really good dialogue with the Players' Association."
While the two parties have found common ground on a $9.4 million salary cap for next season, the issue of shared revenue remains in the air.
Greenberg said he was happy to offer the players a share if they contributed accordingly.
"If they want to be genuine partners of the game I'm happy to deliver that," he said.
"What goes with partnership is more accountability and that's the discussion we're having now."
Greenberg said whatever was agreed on would be a "leap of faith", but that once the deal is done both parties would be held to certain standards.
"I'm talking about fundamental change, like players providing more access, and players buying into the game," he said.