"I'm Happy For Them To Get The Truth": Sam Burgess Fronts The Media Over Improper Conduct Allegations

Tuesday afternoon

"I'm Happy For Them To Get The Truth": Sam Burgess Fronts The Media Over Improper Conduct Allegations Twitter

Sam Burgess has fronted the media for the first time since allegations of improper conduct were made against him.

Burgess, who was speaking after a training session on Tuesday, said that he welcomed an investigation into the allegations although he added that he had been advised not to say much more.

"I'm not going into details," he said. "There's an NRL investigation going on at the moment.

"I'm happy for them to get to the truth, I really am.

"I've been told to publicly make no comment."

Post

The 29-year-old also admitted that it has been a "tricky few days" but that he hoped the investigation would shed some light within the next 48 hours.

"What hurts me the most is seeing my wife upset about what's out there," Burgess said.

"I'm not angry, you can all make your own assumptions regarding the timing of this whole thing coming to light.

"I just want to protect my family."

Hear his full statement below:



 

 

 

;