The Supercars are getting ready to race in the 'wild west' of Barbagallo Raceway this weekend.
Without further ado, here are some talking points for this weekend's Supersprint.
1. Fabian Coulthard leads the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship and will start his 150th round at Barbagallo.
Born in Britain but racing as a Kiwi, he's the 25th driver to reach the milestone.
2. This will be the 40th time Barbagallo Raceway (50km north of Perth) has hosted a round of the Championship.
In a former life it was known as Wanneroo Raceway.
Allan Moffat won the first race in a Ford Falcon GT-HO in 1973.
3. It's one of the shortest racing circuits in the country at 2.4 kilometres long.
There's also a shorter 1.7 kilometre version of the track.
Lap times below a minute are the norm here.
4. The bloke who's won the most races here? Craig Lowndes, with a whopping 16.
It's no secret that if Lowndes wants to get his season back on track (pun intended), this could be his best opportunity.
The TeamVortex driver's won seven of his last nine races there.
5. Prodrive Are The Pole Position Kings
Barbagallo's been kind for PRA.
Chaz Mostert, Mark Winterbottom and Cameron Waters shared the poles in WA in 2015 and 2016.
6. Triple Eight and Prodrive are the teams to beat.
Having cleaned up with 34 of the 42 podium finishes since 2012, it's fair to say these guys will be the ones at the front or in the mix come race day.
7. Pole Might Not Mean Much...
Just six of the last 19 races have been won from top spot on the grid.
8. 1... 2... 3 finishes aren't out of the ordinary at Barbagallo.
In fact, it's the only track in history to have hosted the trifecta by a single team.
Brocky's Holden Dealer Team did it in 1978... and Triple Eight pulled it off last year with Lowndes, van Gisbergen and Whincup.
9. It'll be tight near the front.
The top 21 cars last year all qualified within half a second of one another!
10. Ford driver Jason Bright still owns the lap record set 13 years back when he clocked a 55.9440 in a Commodore, in 2004.
(He won that weekend too).
Triple M's coverage of Supercars is presented with Mobil 1. Purchase any Mobil 1TM SuperTM product for the chance to win a share of three HSC vehicles and $15000 worth of VISA gift cards. Visit askformobil.com.au