A lot of people forget we have a little slice of paradise just across the water. Hop over to the island on Sealink with departures almost every hour.
There are plenty of things to do over on the island and we have made it easy for you!
Activities on Maggie:
- The Forts walk - and keep an eye out for Koalas!
- Snorkelling at Geoffrey Bay, Arthur Bay, Nelly Bay, Florence Bay
- NYE – Fireworks at Nelly bay
- Arthur Bay Lookout
- Bird watching – try and see the 186 species of birds around the island!
- Hawking Point Lookout
- Wallabies at Arcadia
- Search for Nemo and see the giant clams at the Aquasearch Aquarium
- Cuddle a koala or hold a croc at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village
- Feed the fish at Bremner Point
- Endeavour Falls in Arcadia is beautiful in the wet season
Whether you're walking, cycling, on a scooter, bus or car, boat or in the air, there's always a hidden bay and beach to be found. See if you can find all 23!
Picture of Forts Walk:
Accommodation on Magnetic Island:
- Arcadia Village Motel (Arcadia)
- Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island (Nelly Bay)
- Island Leisure Resort (Nelly Bay)
- Tropical Palms Inn Resort (Picnic Bay)
- Magnetic Sunsets Resort (Horseshoe Bay)
- Xbase (Nelly Bay)
- Peppers Blue on Blue (Nelly Bay)
- Sails on Horseshoe (Horseshoe Bay)
- Amaroo on Mandalay (Nelly Bay)
- SEA-esta (Nelly Bay)
- Picnic Bay Hotel (Picnic Bay)
Picture of Peppers Blue on Blue:
Restaurants and Cafés on Magnetic Island:
- Boardwalk Restaurant and Bar, Peppers Blue on Blue, Nelly Bay
- Mamma Roma, Picnic Bay
- Up The Garden Path Restuarnt and Bar, Amaroo, Nelly Bay
- Man Friday Restaurant, Nelly Bay
- The Early Bird, Horseshoe Bay
- Scallywags, Nelly Bay
- The Bikini Tree Café and Restaurant, Arcadia
- R and R Restaurant, Picnic Bay Hotel, Picnic Bay
- Sandis on Magnetic Island, Horseshoe Bay
- Gilligan’s Café Bar, Arcadia