The intersection of Guinea and Olive Streets will be closed from Sunday 25 November for important safety improvements.
The works will improve visibility along Guinea Street for motorists and also make the area safer for pedestrians, reducing the risk of accidents.
We’re aiming to have everything competed by Friday 7 December, but in the meantime detours will be in place for the duration of the works and access to homes will be maintained.
The works will include:
- Removal and reconstruction of all concrete medians
- Improvements to pedestrian facilities
- Reconfiguration of lanes to be dual-carriageway eastbound and single-carriageway westbound
- Increased storage of the eastbound approach leg at the Guinea/David Street intersection
- Improved sight distance at the Guinea/Olive Street intersection
A breakdown of the works schedule is as follows:
- Sunday 25 November
Closure of intersection with installation of security fencing. All islands and kerb ramps removed.
- Monday 26 – Wednesday 28 November
New islands marked out and new kerb ramps constructed.
- Thursday 29 – Friday 30 November
New islands and footpath connections constructed.
- Sunday 2 December
Sealing of roadway
- Monday 3 – Friday 7 December
Signage and line-marking