Boost for employers seeking apprentices with new Government subsidy
info from Business Local
If you work in a trade and are seeking to hire an apprentice for the first time, then there is good news for you!
The Federal Government are incentivising employers towards taking on more trainees by providing a wage subsidy.
The criteria is as follows:
- Apprentice must be a new worker undertaking a full-time certificate three or four qualification
- It must be the first time taking on an apprentice, or the employer must NOT have employed an Australian apprentice since 1st January 2019
The benefits are substantial for the employer, and include:
- 75% of the apprentices first year wage will be covered by the Government
- 50% of the apprentices second year wage will be covered by the Government
- 25% of the apprentices third year wage will be covered by the Government
Tammy and Sean spoke about the new policy on the Breakfast Show on Tuesday for Business Local.
The move encourages employers to take on more apprentices, making more potential jobs for young workers. For more information contact Business Local at the Dutton Arcade or call 9071 5142. Otherwise, visit australianapprenticeships.gov.au/employer-incentives