Northam Detectives have charged 17 people following a lengthy investigation into the sourcing and
distribution of illicit drugs.
During the Operation police executed seven search warrants executed in Northam, York, Toodyay
and other suburbs, resulting in over 156 offences and the seizure of:
· Over 100g of methylamphetamine
· A Handgun
· Close to $40,000 in cash
· Jewellery worth over $30,000
· A black jeep patriot
· Weapons and knives.
Detective Sergeant Anthony Pymm from the Northam Detectives said, “If you are going to deal,
source or profit from the sales of drugs in the Wheatbelt area, we will actively target you and those
associates you conduct illegal business with, from the lowest level users and dealers right up to the
Detective 1/C Constable Lloyd Stanton, Detective Sgt Anthony Pymm, Detective 1/C Constable Wes Ryder.
A 30-year-old man from York was charged with:
· 8 x Conspiracy to sell/supply (methylamphetamine)
· 7 x Conspiracy to sell/supply (cannabis)
· 28 x Conspiracy to possess with intent to sell or supply (methylamphetamine)
· 3 x Conspiracy to possess with intent to sell or supply (cocaine)
· 7 x Conspiracy to possess with intent to sell or supply (cannabis)
· 12 x Offer to sell/supply (cannabis)
· 14 x Offer to sell/supply a prohibited drug to another (methylamphetamine)
· 1 x Property laundering
· 1 x Conspiracy to commit indictable offence (aggravated armed robbery/deprivation of liberty)
· 1 x Possess with intent to sell or supply (methylamphetamine)
· 1 x Attempts at extortion by threats
· 1 x Having ready access to both weapons and illegal drugs.
He will appear in Perth Magistrates Court on 24 October 2018.