Council Focuses On Family Violence During And After Emergencies
Find help or support those who need it
Mansfield Shire Mayor, Cr Marg Attley OAM, highlighted ways that Council is addressing the issue in line with the Victoria government’s Respect Each Other: Call It Out campaign, including a gender equity strategy for day to day operations, and a Contact Officer program to assist staff members experiencing family violence.
“As it is known that emergencies lead to increased rates of family violence, we have stepped up measures to increase awareness."
- Cr Attley
She encouraged businesses and organisations to make use of the free resources available from the Call It Out campaign to know what to look out for and how to support staff members.
Although social isolation has presented difficulties for many families, there’s never an excuse for domestic violence.
The following services are available for support or more information:
- Contact Leading the Change Project Officer, Genevieve De Santis, to find out more about what Council is doing - 03 5775 8529.
- Centre Against Violence - 03 5722 2203.
- Safe Steps - 1800 015 177.
- 1800 Respect - 1800 737 732.
- Men's Referral Service - 1300 766 491.
- Child Protection Crisis Line - 1300 360 391.
- If you, or someone you are with, is in immediate danger, please call 000.
Miss the show? Catch up below...