Dizzy’s Kitchen has begun and the first recipe for your greedy eyes and salivating mouth is VAMPIRE CHUTNEY, aptly named because of the copious amounts of garlic involved. Tuck in and eat responsibly.
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 long red chilies chopped into fine chunks
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 3-4 dates
- 3 tins tomatoes
1) Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan with the mustard seeds till they start to pop.
2) Combine spices in your food processor of choice and blend until you achieve a paste.
3) Add the paste to the saucepan.
4) Add the vinegar, dates, and tomatoes, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Use chutney on your toast with eggs or ham, or cook with cocunut milk and vegetables to make a sweet curry.
Hear the details of the dish at the podcast below!