Prepare for flooding in parts of the Perth Metropolitan, Midwest-Gascoyne, South West, Lower South West districts.
People in the Moore and Hill Rivers, Avon River, Swan River, Murray River, Harvey River, Collie River, Preston River, Blackwood River, Busselton Coastal Rivers and South West District Rivers should prepare for possible minor flooding expected tomorrow.
There is no immediate danger but you need to keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
DFES advises you to:
- Prepare to relocate equipment and livestock early so they are not caught in floodwaters.
- Prepare an emergency kit including enough canned food and water to last for four days, as well as clothing, important documents and medication.
- Fill your vehicle's fuel tank.
- Watch for changes in water levels so you are ready if you need to evacuate
- Never walk, swim or play in floodwaters, as they are dangerous.
- Stay out of rivers, this includes no swimming or kayaking.
- Do not park or camp adjacent to rivers.
- Be careful at crossings and floodways as river levels may rise rapidly.
- Obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current.
- Take care on gravel and unsealed roads as they may be slippery and muddy, and you could get bogged.
- Carry extra food and water when travelling in case of long delays at crossings.
Some roads may be closed due to rising flood waters.
Four wheel drive vehicles and trucks may proceed with caution.
Road information may also be available by calling Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting your Local Shire.
- For SES assistance call 132 500
- In a life threatening situation call 000
- For the latest flood information call 1300 659 213 or visit www.bom.gov.au/wa/flood