A NIGHT FOR BRETT
Brad Waters and his workmates at the Bendigo Bank IT Department are looking to raise some money for a work colleauge they work with that has terminal cancer, Brett McLean is a great person who never complains but is clearly needing a hand so....
- Date: Friday the 7th of December
- Time: 5pm until 9.30pm
- Venue: The Exchange -
- Capacity: Plenty of room for everyone!
- Tickets to the event: $20 per head
- Waxing at 7-7.30pm 😊
- Band: Midweek Blues
- Great auction items
- Auction chest, tummy, back, leg and arm wax
About Brett McLean…
His health battle:
- Brett at the time was 37 (now 39), got diagnosed with bowel/colon cancer in Late 2016.
- In 2017 underwent a major operation to remove his bowel/colon and effected lymph nodes.
- This left Brett needing colostomy bag for the remainder of his life.
- As soon as he was fit enough, Peter Mac started Brett on an intensive course of chemo.
- The course was meant to run over a 20 week period, but unfortunately Brett’s body was unable to cope and they stopped treatment half way through.
- Brett’s body recovered and he returned to work in late 2017.
- In May/June 2018, routine 6 monthly scans discovered a tumour on Brett ‘s lung.
- In August 2018, Brett had this removed.
- In the weeks after this, further scans determined Brett’s cancer was aggressive and was spreading throughout his body.
- It was also determined that his cancer was terminal and had approximate 6 months to live with palliative chemo.
- We know him as Bretty or Brit.
- He’s been in the Banks IT Helpdesk team for 4 to 5 years.
- He’s just a bloody good bloke and amazing team player.
- Absolute heart of gold. Such a positive attitude and nature…even when odds are clearly against him.
- He started as a colleague, but all the Helpdesk team would class him as a friend.
- Brett would do anything for me or for his team mates. Nothing is too much of a bother.
- Extra hours that he never asked to be paid for, doing all the crap jobs, keeping the team on track.
- He’s amazed everyone with his incredible strength, bravery, positivity and ability to continue fighting with his treatment and continue to work.
- Even up until a few weeks ago, Brett was lamenting that he couldn’t help at work because we have been very short staffed.
- A small part of the reason for him still working was his financial predicament.
- Brett is a very proud individual, and we knew he wouldn’t ask for help.
- So for us given the above, it was pretty easy decision to do what we could to help this amazing guy.
Facebook page facebook.com/bucksforbrett
Go Fund Me: Go Fund Me