Lightning Strike Causes Fire On Huon Hill
Here's the details you need to know
Update on the Advice message for Bandiana, Baranduda, Bonegilla, Killara, Wodonga.
- The grassfire at Bandiana is under control.
- This grassfire in this area as a result of a lightning strike.
There is currently no threat to you, but you should stay informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Keep the roads clear so emergency services can respond.
Impacts in your area:
- Smoke may be visible from nearby communities and roads.
This message was issued by Country Fire Authority.
For more information on preparing for grass fires visit: www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/grassfires-rural.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
- VicEmergency Hotline - freecall 1800 226 226.
- VicEmergency app.
- Facebook or Twitter (#vicfires).
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline
More details at http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/#!/warning/5986/moreinfo