Bushfire ADVICE for SPENCERS BROOK and surrounding areas in the SHIRE OF NORTHAM
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the townsite of SPENCERS BROOK and surrounding areas in the SHIRE OF NORTHAM.
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is now contained.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- It is contained but not controlled.
The fire is stationary.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF NORTHAM.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- Shire of Northam are in attendance
- The fire was reported at 11:38 AM on 14 December 2018.
- Currently there has been approximately 50 hectares burnt.
- Shire of Northam is managing the fire.