Man charged with Clint Starkey's murder

Faced court, refused bail.

Article heading image for Man charged with Clint Starkey's murder

Credit - Strike Force Bartondale. Mr Starkey is in the passenger seat.

A 37 year old man will spend the next seven weeks behind bars, after being charged with the murder of a rebels bikie gang associate in Peats Ridge back in April.

Clint Starkey died in Gosford Hospital two months after being viciously bashed by bikies outside the Caltex servo on April 5th.

Strike Force Bartondale was established to investigate the 42 year old's death, leading to Rebels OCMG member Adam Symons' arrest yesterday morning during a vehicle stop on Woy Woy Road, Kariong.

Mr Symons briefly appeared before Gosford local court today, where he didn't apply for bail and it was refused.

He'll be back in court on December 22. Police say further arrests are expected.


TUESDAY: A 37 year old man is currently helping police with their inquiries, after four raids were carried out across Brisbane Water this morning in relation to the bashing death of a man in Peats Ridge back in April.

The raids took place in locations including Dilgara Avenue, Davistown, and Billabong Road, Woy Woy.

Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin fronted the media outside Gosford Police station this hour, revealing they believe the fatal of assault of 42 year old Clint Starkey to be related to the Rebels Outlaw Motorcycle Gang.

Mr Starkey died in Gosford Hospital on June 12th, following the incident just before midnight on August 5th, outside the Caltex service station at Peats Ridge.

The Homicide Squad, which Mr Jubelin represents, and Brisbane Water Police have formed Strike force Bartondale to investigate.

“Strike Force Bartondale investigators have strong intelligence to suggest Mr Starkey’s assault is linked to activities of local outlaw motorcycle gang activity,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.

“We also believe there may be associates who have had some involvement in matter, including taking Mr Starkey to hospital.

“I would urge these people to come forward now, as it’s only a matter of time before we come to you.”

They released footage and images from the servo's CCTV this morning, and are now calling for anyone with information to contact 4323 5599.

1 November 2017

Listen Live!
Up Next