There’s no doubt about it long-time residents and those who chose to live here for the tranquil, leafy idyllic scenery are very passionate about what is built around them, but the face of Toowoomba is changing.
Unit living in Toowoomba isn’t going to be too hard to come by in the near future with 44 new unit developments proposed for across the city – and it seems no suburb is going to miss out with proposals planned for:
- 5x Units on Hunter Street, Centenary Heights
- 4x Units on Dora Street, South Toowoomba
- 8x Units on Denis Street, South Toowoomba
- 9x Units on Cox Street, Wilsonton (two proposals)
- 5x Units on Whichello Street, Newtown
- 5x Units on Leichhardt Street, Centenary Heights
- 8x Units on Herries Street, East Toowoomba
The spike in applications could suggest either strong confidence in the Toowoomba market, or developers wanting to speed through projects before the Christmas break Planning and Development chair Cr Chris Tait, told The Chronicle.
Are you in favour of the more units taking over our Toowoomba suburbs?
Missed today's show? Catch up here!