New SA Exposure Sites After Truck Driver Tests Positive
Triple M Adelaide
A new case has emerged in South Australia on Thursday afternoon - a truck driver in his 20's who resides in the state and travels to and from Melbourne.
The new COVID-19 positive results has prompted authorities to list several new exposure sites.
New hotspots are all petrol stations, listed below:
- The BP roadhouse in Keith on Tuesday, September 28, between 2.00am and 2.45am
- Liberty Windsor Gardens petrol station on Tuesday, September 28, between 6.00am and 6.45am
- The BP truck stop at Wingfield on Tuesday, September 28, between 7.30pm and 8.00pm
- Caltex Bolivard Gardens on Tuesday, September 28, between 8.15pm and 8.45pm
- Ampol Foodary Caltex at Wingfield on Wednesday, September 29, between 6.00pm and 6.45pm
Professor Nicola Spurrier says the truckie was still early in his infectious period when the result came in.
"He had a negative test on the 26th, and his had a test done again on the 29th and that came back as positive." Spurrier said.
Close contacts of the truck driver include his child, grandparents and wife who works in an aged care facility - they have all returned negative tests.
The family will still remain in quarantine.
Get the latest breaking news from SCA newsrooms around Australia. Short, simple and everything you need to know.