Goldfields Esperance Police alongside Organised Crime Squad have helped seize more drugs and paraphernalia from the ongoing Operation Fortitude.
Searches have occurred at a number of Properties and yielded
- - Hydroponic cannabis growing equipment
- - 34 cannabis plants
- - A significant quantity of dried cannabis
- - An imitation firearm
- - 800 rounds of ammunition
- - Cash and gold
As a result three people have been charged over multiple drug-related offences, which include:
- - Possession prohibited drug with intent to sell/supply
- - Cultivate prohibited drug with intent to sell/supply
- - Possession of a control weapon
- - Possess unlicensed firearm/ammunition
- - Possess stolen or unlawfully obtained property
- A 35 year old man from Coolgardie will appear in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court on Monday 09 July 2018
- A 56 year old woman from Coolgardie will appear in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court on Monday 09 July 2018
- A 44 year old man from Kalgoorlie will appear in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court on Monday 02 July 2018
This operation has also included yesterday, three simultaneous drug transit route vehicle search operations. These were in Coolgardie, Mullingar and Yilkari, targeting those involved in the movement of illicit drugs by road. Officers from the Goldfields-Esperance District with the assistance of the Organised Crime Squad Meth Transport Team stopped more than 900 vehicles. As a result of these vehicle stops a quantity of methylamphetamine and cannabis were seized and six people summonsed with drug possession offences.
Acting Inspector Peter Healy told TRIPLE M Goldfields "What you saw yesterday demonstrates what Police can do anytime Kalgoorlie Boulder is obviously a community that has some issues with Methamphetamine Use, We are going to look at targeting persons bringing methamphetamine in to the Community. So we will be looking at stopping vehicles on the road, looking at conducting searches on persons on rail, air and road and also mail".