Rosie Batty supports new WA Laws
Laws to assist renters
2015 Australian of the Year Rosie Batty has given her support to come changes to WA Tenancy laws. During her visit to Kalgoorlie Boulder to coincide with an International Women`s Day function, Ms Batty was also presented with a reproduction of the Freedom to Fly artwork by Aboriginal artist Barbara Bynder.
"Its really great to be here in Kalgoorlie and this is a really great opportunity to give my support and acknowledge the amount of work that is being done to respect a victims journey" Ms Batty said.
The act change includes
- Exit a tenancy agreement within seven days to leave for safety
- Apply to court to have a perpetrator’s name removed from a lease
- Make a rental home safer through lock changes or security upgrades
- Sort out disputes about FDV-related property damage, unpaid rent or bonds
- Seek removal from, or avoid being on, a tenancy database if a listing is due to FDV.
For further details