2015 Australian of the Year Rosie Batty has given her support to come changes to WA Tenancy laws. During her visit to Kalgoorlie Boulder to coincide with an International Women`s Day function, Ms Batty was also presented with a reproduction of the Freedom to Fly artwork by Aboriginal artist Barbara Bynder.
"Its really great to be here in Kalgoorlie and this is a really great opportunity to give my support and acknowledge the amount of work that is being done to respect a victims journey" Ms Batty said.
The act change includes
- Exit a tenancy agreement within seven days to leave for safety
- Apply to court to have a perpetrator’s name removed from a lease
- Make a rental home safer through lock changes or security upgrades
- Sort out disputes about FDV-related property damage, unpaid rent or bonds
- Seek removal from, or avoid being on, a tenancy database if a listing is due to FDV.
For further details