Mackay Regional Council's 11 free sand stockpiles have recently been restocked and are available to anyone looking to fill sandbags.
With heavy falls forecast for the weekend, council is encouraging residents in low-lying areas to be prepared for the possibility of flash flooding.
Stockpiles are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and residents just need to bring their own shovel and hessian or poly-weave sandbags to fill.
Sand stockpiles are located at:
• Norris Rd reserve, North Mackay (PCYC end)
•374 Shakespeare Street, West Mackay (beside the 122 Army Cadet Buildings)
• Hume Street, West Mackay (Entrance to Council Depot Complex)
• Mackay Stadium, South Mackay (Gravel overflow carpark on Leisure Street off Bridge Road)
• Corner Victoria and Augusta Streets, Mirani
• Brewers Road, SES Facility, Sarina
• 103 Campwin Beach Road, SES Facility, Campwin Beach
• 17 Letchford Street, SES Facility, Finch Hatton
• 40 Zelma Street, Grasstree Beach (Combined Emergency Services Facility)
• Bull Street, SES Facility, Koumala
• 1503 Midge Point Road, SES Facility, Midge Point