The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the Sydney Metropolitan area.
According to the BOM, severe thunderstorms could produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours.
Sydney is still cleaning up yesterday’s wild storm which has still left many Western Sydney residents in the Castle Hill area without power, almost 24 hours on.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.