Dylan Napa has fronted the media for the first time since a series of lewd videos leaked online earlier this month, referring to them as "something silly I did when I was 19".
The Bulldogs recruit is facing a possible suspension with a final decision expected from the NRL in the coming days, something Napa says has caused "unnecessary stress" for the club.
"I came here to try and be a good role model for the younger squad," he said on Wednesday afternoon. "It's just unnecessary stress on the club that's unneeded.
"It sucks. I'm looking to put it all behind me and put all my energy into my football."
In response, Triple M's Mark "MG" Geyer has warned against "jumping at shadows", saying that while it's a bad look for the game, a suspension would be a step too far.
You can hear the full discussion - and have your say - on The Rush Hour with MG tonight from 6pm on 104.9 Triple M.
Napa also admitted that he'd been embarrassed by the whole situation and told reporters that it hadn't been "the ideal start" to the year.
"I'm lucky to have a lot of support from my family and my Bulldogs family here," he added.
"There have been some tough days but it is what it is. There were some dark days."
While Napa wasn't able to say too much on the topic of the videos - or where they came from - as they're still under investigation by the NRL, he did reply when asked if there were any other clips to come.
"Nothing surprises me now man, everything's out there," the 26-year-old said while shaking his head. "Nothing would surprise me anymore."
Don't miss a minute of The Rush Hour with MG; listen live from 6pm weeknights on 104.9 Triple M or download the Triple M app to Catch-Up now.