Communities around the Southern Downs will benefit from new infrastructure projects with Council securing $1 million in drought relief funding from the Federal Government.
SDRC has allocated the funds towards the following projects:
- $150,000 for carting potable water to eligible rural property owners and occupiers not connected to the reticulated Council water supply
- $200,000 for the Leyburn Auxiliary Water Treatment upgrade
- $200,000 for sporting and community organisations to install or replace rainwater tanks and other water saving devices (Expressions of Interest close Monday, 25 February)
- $250,000 for repairs and upgrades to eligible local community halls (Expressions of Interest close Monday 11 February)
- $200,000 for 24-hour potable water dispensing stations around the region
Southern Downs Mayor Tracy Dobie said the DCP funded projects will provide benefits across several sectors in the Southern Downs not only during the current drought but for future generations as well.
For more details please head here.
Missed something? Catch up here!