Police are investigating the theft of ewes, lambs and wethers stolen from a property at Penola?
Sometime between 8 November and 22 November the stock were stolen from a Casterton Road paddock.
All of the stolen stock was tagged.
Anyone who has information that might assist police is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at https://crimestopperssa.com.au/ - you can remain anonymous.
Police have a range of crime prevention information available online, including a Rural Security Booklet which provides a valuable security checklist. It can be downloaded here: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/222719/Rural-Security-Booklet-2015.pdf
Police crime prevention advice around Livestock includes:
* Livestock should be regularly checked to ensure that suspected losses are recognised and reported to police as soon as possible.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of individual stock identification numbers and stock totals including purchases, sales, deaths and rations.
* Valuable stock should be photographed or videoed.
* Stock should not be left in yards or holding paddocks adjacent to stockyards unless they are in sight of the home.
* Stock handling facilities (yards and race) should be kept locked and regularly checked for signs of unexplained activity (damaged gates, fresh manure and hoof marks).