I had Melissa Price on the show this morning talking about some of the fund we’ll be receiving in fixing up our country roads - More than $2 billion will be spent on the State’s regional roads between 2018-19 and 2021-22 .We’ve got $17.2 million towards road safety treatments to the Great Eastern Highway and $2.4 million is being made available to continue improvements on Toodyay Road
Come of the positives:
- $295.8 million for job-creating infrastructure in the Wheatbelt
- $45 million over four years for the Building Western Australia’s Grains Research and Development Capacity
- $3.7 million to support educational programs at Muresk Institute of Agriculture
- $5.5 million investment into the Narrogin and Northam Cancer Centres to strengthen cancer services in regional WA
- $39.7 million over four years to boost tourism funding to showcase regional destinations
- $182.3 million over four years for the Patient Assisted Travel Scheme to support regional Western Australians when they need to travel for medical treatment
While it looks like there are some great funds going into great things, there is still a lot of resentment at the cuts happening to our CRCs and also the imminent closure of Moora Residential College and those were/are concerns were raised by Mia Davies.
What do you think/feel about some of the funding proposals and allocations?
Does it seem reasonable/fair? Feel free to share your thoughts by calling in on 13 27 10 or via our Facebook pages.