The holiday period is here and whether we are ready for it or not… IT’S HAPPENING!
For Sydney this Christmas period, the Double Demerits points will begin on Friday the 21st of December 2018 and will end on Tuesday the 1st of January 2019
The demerit point system provides an incentive for drivers to improve their driving behaviour, obey road rules and comply with NSW traffic laws. The double demerit point scheme applies for the following types of offences:
- Illegal use of mobile phones
- Not wearing a seatbelt
- Riding without a helmet
Following into 2019, these are the dates we have so far that Double Demerits will be set in place.
- Australia Day - 25 to 28 January 2019
- Easter- 18 April to 22 April 2019
- Anzac Day- 24 April to 28 April 2019
- Queen's Birthday- 7 June to 10 June 2019
- Labour Day- 4 October to 7 October 2019
Be safe this Christmas.