The big wet is tracking south. A severe weather warning remains in place for Mackay and the Whitsundays this morning. You can read that here.
We are being told to brace for six hourly rainfalls of up to 200mm and damaging winds of up to 90klms per hour.
Here is what the authorities are saying:
* Boaties are being told to make sure they have secured their vessels
* As warnings continue to roll in we have also received a Moderate flood warning for the Proserpine River
* The catchment has received 50mm of rain since 9 am yesterday meanwhile Finch Hatton has recorded over 170mm
* Sandbagging is available and the sites list you can find here
* Keep up to date with all emergency information, road closures, and warnings online through the Mackay Council Emergency Dashboard here
* As we brace for wild weather this week there's more than just food and roads to keep in mind. We often forget that when floods hit the electricity can often also fail us. Authorities are asking us to prepare by ensuring we have charged phones, and back up communication plans.
* Authorities are warning us to keep on alert for Crocs and Snakes in floodwaters. The State Government issuing an alert yesterday. Crocodiles prefer calmer waters and will be on the move until floodwaters recede. If you do see a croc or a snake do not try to catch them - let them go and contact local Wildlife Management Authorities
* SES Phone Number 132 500