Triple M's Top 10 Things To Do in FNQ!
The BEST things to do this weekend!
Triple M Top Ten things to do in FNQ
- Cairns Pride Festival Fair Day is happening this Sunday at the Tanks Arts Centre
from 10:30 am- 5pm join in a full day of activities with LGBTIQ+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy communities coming together for a fun and fabulous day celebrating diversity, PRIDE & resilience all in an inclusive, safe environment. There’s a HUGE line-up of entertainers, interactive stalls, food vans & lots more including the Dog Show, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Dancers, Drag Shows, Fashion Parades as well as the Pride Art Exhibition. Help celebrate what it means to be queer up here, in the far north. This event is family friendly & we welcome all allies & supporters. Find out more: www.facebook.com/CairnsPrideFestival
2. Corks 2 Forks is back on the Southside at Petersen Park Edmonton this Saturday from 3 pm- 8 pm in all its family friendly food & fun glory. With Food Trucks, Wonder Park on the HUGE Outdoor Movie Screen, Amusement Rides, Giant Yard Games and a Fire Dancing Show to wrap the night. The Edmonton Storm are running the Bar, with all proceeds going back to the club. Support the Storm and have a great arvo out this Saturday with Corks 2 Forks- find them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Corks2Forks/ . Entry only $5 per person or $25 for a family- with unlimited kids. Children under 3 are FREE. Lucky Door Prizes up for grabs.
3. Meet Eat Repeat - For the first time in 2019, Tropic Now's foodie festival Meet Eat Repeat returns to the northern beaches, serving up good vibes and tasty treats at Paradise Palms on October 19. Free entry for kids under-12, amazing food vendors, live music and some surprises. 4 pm till late at Paradise Palms.
4. Pink Ribbon are holding a Boat Show at the Bungalow Hotel to raise funds to fight Breast Cancer today (19th October) 10 am-7 pm. With live music, a food truck, kids jumping castle and of course lots of boats/ fishing gear and raffles and prizes. $3 entry- Children Under 12 Free.
Also happening today … get down to Hairhouse Warehouse at DFO and stock up on all your hair needs and help a good cause. They will be donating 20% of ALL the retail takings today to Breast Cancer charity. 9 am- 5 pm at the Hairhouse Warehouse at the DFO.
5. It’s your last chance to get down to the Cairns Regional Council’s ‘Sunday on Shields’ The 11 week series wraps up this Sunday with a special theme- ‘Farm Comes back to Town’. By popular demand all your favourite farm animals are coming back to Shields Street plus a full program of entertainment that also includes free face painter, jumping castle, horizontal bungy and glitter art, and live music from atop Miss Nemo the Kombi 11 am until 6 pm THIS SUNDAY.
6. Toyah’s Memorial Unveiling will be happening today (Saturday 19th October). Meet at 3pm at Ellis Beach Bar & Grill then onto the memorial site at the Southern End of Wangetti Beach. Show support for Toyah and her family by wearing yellow.
7. Tablelands Relay for Life – is happening today (Saturday the 19th) at the Atherton Showgrounds. The opening ceremony is at 1:45 pm, followed by a survivors/carers walk at 2pm, candlelight ceremony at 7.30pm, award presentations at 9.30pm, live entertainment, food trucks and fun activities all day until it wraps up at the closing Ceremony at 11 pm. Join in and help raise money as we fight for a cancer free future; $20 youth, $40 adults, and $100 for families. More info call 1300 65 65 85
8. Aeroflow Nitro Hot Rods/ Track Championships Round 5 is happening this Saturday (19th) at Springmount Raceway. On site camping on Saturday night. Food and Bar available till late. Gates open from 11 am, racing from 12 pm – 8:30 pm today. Spectators – $30 adult non-member, $20 adult member, $10 child (5-15), free for children under 5, $70 family (2 adults + 2 children) plus $10 discount per adult member.Spectator, camping and pit crew passes are to be purchased on the gate. Find Out More at www.springmountraceway.com
9. The Men’s Shed is holding a HUGE GARAGE and CAR BOOT SALE today (19th October) from 8 am-12:30 pm at 186 Irene Street, Mooroobool, next to the football grounds. With tools, plants, books, CD’s, paints, toys, clothes, turned timber items for sale as well as tea, coffee, a sausage sizzle and even locksmith on site to cut keys for $2.
Tomorrow the Edmonton Guides are having a Garage Sale 7 am to 1 pm at the Edmonton Girl Guide Hut on Jubilee Street.
10. Wayne Leonard’s Motorcycle Muster is on again this Saturday & Sunday heading to Mission Beach. Find out more at https://www.motorcyclemuster.com.au it may be too late to join is for this one… but it happens every year. So plan to be part of it next year & help raise funds for the Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation.
If you do want to head out for a ride this weekend why not join in on this fundraiser tomorrow (Sunday 20th) for well-known local rider ‘Preacha’ (75). Being flattened by a car and losing his leg was not enough to keep this legend down and the local motorcycle community will be banding together this Sunday to raise funds towards his recovery and so his motorcycle can be modified to allow him to once again ride.
The fundraiser will be in the form of a Motorcycle Bingo Run on Sunday held over a 220 km loop. There will be raffles and prizes up for grabs. Entry is only $20.00 with kick off from First Shot café on Scott Street, meeting at 9 am for a 10am start. All are welcome. This is truly one of the best examples of Mates Helping Mates. For further info contact Trumpy on 0438728672 or Horse on 0407632385