Triple M Top Ten things to do in FNQ
- The MSF Sugar Great Pyramid Race celebrates 60 years this Saturday!
Join in the fun! Saturday 17th – Alley Park, Gordonvale. https://pyramidrace.com.au/
A NEVER-ENDING UPHILL SCRAMBLE
AND A ‘CONTROLLED’ DOWNHILL FREE FALL
The Great Pyramid Race is arguably the toughest of its kind on the planet and just completing it…makes you a winner. But, you don’t have to run to be part of it. Be a spectator and cheer the runners on… they’ll need the support. Plus there’s plenty of activities & entertainment in Alley Park from 7 am for you to enjoy including The Doyle Family Fun Show, Danny Simony’s Magic Show, Free Face Painting, Roving Stilt Walkers, Cairns Taiko, Pyrotechnic Fire Dancers and Fireworks to wrap things up at 7 pm. Find out more at pyramidrace.com.au
- CDRL Round 19 will be Triple M’s walk Away Weekend
Triple M Cairns has joined forces with CDRL this weekend to continue pushing a message which is still not cutting through to men and woman around the country.
We are asking you to ‘Walk Away” when the situation gets out of hand. Stop before the swings start, stop before you make the biggest mistake of your life – stop your mates before it begins – “Walk Away”
Stop it before it affects the life of your family, your best mate – you.
GAMES are as follows;
6 PM Saturday;
EDMONTON V MOSSMAN – Petersen Park
MAREEBA V TULLY – Davies Park Mareeba
INNISFAIL V SUBURBS – Callendar Park Innisfail
3 PM Sunday;
YARRABAH V ATHERTON- Jilara Oval Yarrabah
BROTHERS V IVANHOES- Stan Williams Park
- The Great Moscow Circus is back with an extreme show featuring "The Flair Riders", the Extreme High Wire and the world’s best dare devil motorcycle Cage Riders. Witness breathtaking aerial performances and much much more. A circus not to be missed. The big top is set up at Cannon Park with shows 3 pm and 7 pm today (Saturday 17th) and 11 am & 3 pm tomorrow (Sunday 18th)
More details : https://www.thegreatmoscowcircus.com.au
- Pub Choir loves Port Douglas- Sunday 18th, 7 pm at Hemingway’s Brewery Port Douglas. Tickets $15 from Oztix . For further tour details, visit pubchoir.com.au.
You may have seen everyone raving about Pub Choir on TV and wanted to be part of it… well they are taking it on tour! ‘Join Pub Choir and be part of HISTORY as they travels across QLD to spread the message that "we're all in this together". Pub Choir will visit 10 regional locations throughout August, and then film the results in every location to create ONE glorious video that showcases the diversity and uniqueness of Queenslanders working together!’
- COUCH -Cairns Organisation United for Cancer Health are having a Community Open Day this Sunday 18th August 10 am- 2 pm. The COUCH Wellness Centre is located at the end of Kauri Street, (off Enmore St, Manoora)
The services provided at the Centre directly support people living with cancer. If you have been diagnosed or know someone who has, or are just interested in learning more about this new Community Centre - drop in, have a look and say Hi.
There will be some giveaways and loads of activities to join, including Yoga, Pilates and Meditation classes, plus enjoy a FREE Massage and Reflexology Session. This is the time to try all things new and see how the COUCH Wellness Centre may be of benefit in managing your health and well-being during your experience with cancer.
6. The Cairns Bon Festival is happening THIS SUNDAY 18th August 2 -8 pm on the Esplanade Western Lawn. Presented by the Japanese Society of Cairns the annual Bon Dance Festival features a range of cultural performances, delicious Japanese food, and the opportunity to join in communal Bon Dancing around the Yagura Stage. The event is a community celebration of Japanese culture and a real crowd pleaser. It will also bring friendship and unity by dancing together.
- This Sunday join the excitement of Sunday on Shields Street with FREE EVENTS from 11am through to 8 pm. This week’s theme is 'Let's Dance' with dance performances and lessons, market stalls, live music, Zumba and free kids entertainment.
Don't forget FREE Sunday parking in the CBD. For more info visit www.cairns.qld.gov.au/shields
- The Port Douglas Surf Life Saving Club 2019 Carnival is on this weekend (August 17-18) at Four Mile Beach. Nippers, seniors and masters from across North Queensland will compete in individual and team events including Ironman, surf races, beach sprints and flags.
This Saturday 12-5pm and Sunday 7.30am-2pm at Four Mile Beach in front of the clubhouse, to the right of the Swim Between the Flags area.
- This Saturday Night the Vinnies Community Sleepout Cairns will be held on the Eastern Lawn of the Lagoon at the Esplanade. If you aren’t registered to participate , you can still donate and support the cause and ALL are welcome to attend the auction and community activities. Learn about homelessness and who this can affect. All funds raised stay right here in the Far North Queensland region. Commencing 6pm, Auction 7pm. Find out more at
Contact St Vincent de Paul Society Cairns Office on 4033 8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Esplanade Markets, are held each Saturday, showcasing local, quality products. Catch the action until 4 pm this afternoon. (Saturday 17th.)
Further details are available on the Cairns Esplanade website.
Each Sunday the Port Douglas Markets are held in Market Park. Browse the many stalls showcasing locally produced food, fruit and veggies as well as handcrafted goods of every description. 8 am- 1:30 pm Sunday 18th August.