Triple M's Top 10 Things To Do in FNQ!
The BEST things to do this weekend!
Triple M Top Ten things to do in FNQ
- Join in the fun of Carols by Candlelight at Fogarty Park this Sunday (8th December) from 5pm. Triple M is a proud Sponsor and Mark, Elliott and myself will be hosting and having loads of Christmassy fun with you.
Bring your rug, chair and your best singing voice to one the biggest annual community events in Cairns. Help bring cheer to locals in need by donating to the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal. Proceeds from the sale of merchandise goes towards the distribution of food hampers to around 700 local families who might otherwise go without on Christmas Day. You can also bring down a jar of Vegemite- we need 700 to go in those hampers. Every donation big or small makes a difference.
- A Very PakMag Christmas Party is on this Sunday (8th December) 10 – 11:30 am at Cazalys. It’s a Fun FREE Family event. There’ll be games, singing & dancing, activities, prizes for Best Dressed and loads of FESTIVE FAMILY FUN and 1000’s of Candy Canes to go around. Triple M is proud to support this event.
- Fun Local Theatre:
- Support local theatre and get your laughter on with Aladdin, A Pantomime at the Rondo. The Season started last Friday but continues through till the 14th December. Find out dates and get your tickets from https://www.ticketlink.com.au/ticketlinkEvents/plays-and-theatre/aladdin. Today (7th December) and Tomorrow (8th December) there’ll be a show at both 1 pm and 5:30 pm.
- Malanda Theatre Company’s last production for 2019 is the zany musical comedy
Based on the movie ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’ the musical contains many characters and sketches familiar to Python lovers, and lots of lively, toe tapping songs.
Find out more and get your tickets http://www.malandatheatre.org/ . Last shows today & tomorrow!
- The Young Company presents The Jungle Book at 7 pm today (Saturday 7th December), 169 Bunda Street. Tickets only $17.10pp, more info & booking call 1300 855 835 or https://www.theyoungcompany.com.au/the-jungle-book.html
- Check out your local Markets-
- Esplanade Markets- Every Saturday, between 8am and 4pm, showcasing local, quality handmade products.
- The Port Douglas Markets are also on this Sunday. From 7:30 AM until around mid-afternoon.
- Gordonvale Cottage Christmas Markets are also on today (7th December) 7 am – 12 pm, Norman Park, Gordonvale.
- Holloways Beach Markets- This Sunday (8th December), 8am-1 pm
- Christmas Arts & Fair is on today (Sat 7th) 8am - 2pm at the Cairns Potters Club, 28A Grove Street, Locally-made unique gifts; pottery, sculpture, arts and crafts for sale. There’s also a kids' clay play area. Free entry. Website: https://www.cairnspottersclub.com/
- The Cairns Local Christmas Market is happening at the Cairns Showgrounds today and tomorrow (Saturday & Sunday) 8 am-2 pm with over 150 local stalls to help you find the perfect gifts for your loved ones this Christmas. There will also be a cent sale on the day raising money for our Aussie Farmers.
There’ll also be food and beverage stalls on site. There will be an ATM Machine, but try to remember cash for your convenience as most stallholders are cash only.
- Bring down your fur-babies for pictures with Santa at Petbarn this Sunday between 10 am to 2 pm.
More pet related fun-
Paradise Palms Puppy Picnic Adoption day in conjunction with PETSTOCK is happening today (Saturday 7th December). It’s a fun family event – bring your kids and canines, have a Santa photo taken with your pet, dress up your dog or even adopt a pet, 8am – 12 noon at Paradise Palms, Kewarra beach, gold coin donation on entry, more info call 4059 9900.
- Head to CPAC today for The Magical Adventures of Mary, brought to you by Turning Pointe Dance Studios - a fresh and fun adaptation of the classic Mary Poppins. It’s a fun show for all the family. Adults $43 / Concession $38 / Children 3-17 years $34 / Family Pass (must select 2 adult & 2 children) $36 each. Show times: 10:30am & 7:30pm, more info & booking call 1300 855 835 or https://www.ticketlink.com.au/ticketlinkEvents/dance-and-ballet/the-magical-adventures-of-mary
- This Sunday join the Christmas Carols Pub Choir event at The Woolshed between 4 and 8:30 pm. It’s an 18+ only event and FREE. But with restricted space, they are asking you to reserve a spot https://tickets.myguestlist.com.au/v25dc4f1cab9e80/christmas-carols-pub-choir/evs5dc4f1cabe26f/
- Love Grid Iron? Or want to check it out for the first time live… get down to the Kangaroo Rugby League Club Grounds on Irene St, Moorobool for the Cairns Falcons first home game of the season taking on arch rivals the Townsville Cyclones. Gates open TODAY (Saturday 7th) at 4:00PM with Kick off at 5:00pm. Gold coin donation entry and Bar and Food available. Come down for some hard hitting Gridiron action.
- The FNQ Road Racing Club is offering 5 hours of Track time for only $70 at the MakoTrac on Springs Road, Mareeba TODAY (Sat 7th Dec). It’s happening from 8:30 am. Full riding gear is needed and it’s open to ALL sized road bikes. Check them out on Facebook for more details. https://www.facebook.com/groups/136253576395429/
- Tomorrow (Sunday 8th) at Core Life Yoga on Lake Street, enjoy FREE Yoga and support the next generation of teachers! Class starts at 8:30 am. It's a Free Community Class taught by their wonderful teacher trainees.
Number are limited - make sure you book your spot!
https://corelifeyoga.com.au/yoga_timetable/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/776447452800695/