In homage to the French annual bicycle race kicking off this Saturday, Melbourne will be treated to their very own Tour De Melbourne.
A fleet of 50 Deliveroo riders will travel across the city delivering $1 dishes from five participating restaurants across five suburbs.
Starting from 12pm, $1 dishes will be available starting in Collingwood and continuing in the following order: Melbourne CBD, Port Melbourne, Prahran and Richmond as well as surrounding suburbs.
To catch the $1 deals, customers will have to track the circuit live on Deliveroo's Facebook page to see where they are available. $1 dishes will only last as long as the riders are in the zone.
From 6pm, there will be free Deliver delivery across all of Melbourne.
Participating restaurants, locations and the $1 dish include:
- Lazerpig, Collingwood: New York Slice Margherita Pizza Oriental Tea House, Melbourne CBD
- Chicken Dumpling Quinoa Salad Foxes Den, Port Melbourne
- South American Sweet Potato & Brown Rice Salad Tokyo Tina, Prahran
- Prawn Katsu Slider Messina
- Richmond: Lamington (Milk chocolate and coconut gelato annihilated with house made lamingtons)
- Chillax Princess (White chocolate and coconut cheesecake gelato with salted caramel swirls) flavoured gelato)