US Teacher Accidentally Fires Gun, Injures Student During Gun Safety Lesson

Desk pop!

US Teacher Accidentally Fires Gun, Injures Student During Gun Safety Lesson

A Californian teacher's gun has accidentally gone off in a classroom, injuring a student in the process, during a gun a safety lesson.

CNN reported that Dennis Alexander, a teacher and reserve police officer, was giving a lesson in gun safety at Seaside High School when he pointed his gun to the ceiling and accidentally fired it.

A 17-year-old student was injured when a fragment of the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling, scratching his neck.

The injuries were superficial and weren't picked up by the student until he arrived home that afternoon.

Bullet fragment removed from student's neck

"I think a lot of questions on parents' minds are, why a teacher would be pointing a loaded firearm at the ceiling in front of students," local Superintendent PK Diffenbaugh told KSBW.

"Clearly, in this incident, protocols were not followed."

Ahhh, no shit protocols weren't followed.

Mr Alexander has been put on administrative leave from his teaching job. 

 

;