$35,000 RAISED IN ONE DAY for COGB Locals by the Hindsight club!
Brendan Baker and Mark Segafredo got together about 8 years ago and wanted to form a local charity where all the money raised never left the City of Greater Bendigo boundary, and really help the people in our community who needed it, we thought it was important to have it COGB boundary as they are both Heathcote boys they wanted the town included ( Mark runs Segafredo’s Bakery out there)
With there love of races they thought of no better way than to have an annual race day at Bendigo Jockey Club.
Here's some information on the Hindsight club!
- This year was the 8th annual race day, each year they raise close to $35K clear which goes straight into our charity bank account with the Bendigo Bank, we have a committee which meet monthly to help determine where the dollars go for the year.
- In 2015 18 locals did the Kokoda Track and they called it Walk for Wheelchairs, we raised $102,000.00, which helps cover the $2K Gap Payment for families before each Wheelchair is released, so we have been able to help 50 local families get access to their children’s chairs quicker as they don’t have to find the Gap Payment.
- The guest speakers over the years have been Sam Kekovich, Campbell Brown, Doug Hawkins, Corey McKernhan, Russell Gilbert, Jake King, Ricky Nixon and this year we have Mick McGuane , Jimmy Buckey and Val Perovic.
- Since the Hindsight club has formed they have put close to $400K back into the Local Community which they are very proud of!
- They have had so much support from lots of locals including Margot Falconer and her team at BJC and Tony Southcombe at the Bridge Hotel Bendigo who has donated 8 kegs every year for there Race Day.
WELL DONE GUYS!