North Melbourne Vs GWS Giants is this Saturday!!
Get along to Blundstone Arena this Saturday to watch the North Melbourne Kangaroos take on the Greater Western Sydney Giants, as both teams battle to stay in the AFL's Top 8.
Gates Open 11:45am
Game Starts 1:45pm
1st Quarter 1:45pm - 2:15pm
2nd Quarter 2:21pm - 2:51pm
Half-Time 2:51pm - 3:11pm
3rd Quarter 3:11pm - 3:41pm
4th Quarter 3:47pm - 4:17pm
Here is some extra info for when you're heading to the game!
Motorists should expect heavy congestion in the Bellerive area from 10:30am onwards, so for those attending the footy make sure you allow extra time! Footy-goers are strongly advised to use the FREE public transport options available below.
FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPTIONS:
ONE: FREE Wrest Point Hobart Footy Ferry Service
Book a ticket for Wrest Point’s FREE Footy Ferry and forget the hassles of parking. Ferries depart from Wrest Point (Sandy Bay) and arrive at Bellerive Wharf. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes.
This free service uses ticketed bookings which can be made by clicking here, but make sure you get tickets for the right times! because tickets are available!
From Wrest Point: Outbound Ferry Departure Times – 12:10pm / 12:45pm / 1:20pm
From Bellerive Wharf: Return Ferry Departure Times – 4:30pm / 5:05pm / 5:40pm
TWO: FREE Blundstone Arena Shuttle Bus Service
FREE buses to Blundstone Arena will leave approx every 5 minutes from:
- Franklin Square Stop M: First Bus from 11:30am then every 5 mins until Last Bus 1:20pm.
- Hobart Regatta Grounds: First Bus from 11:35am then every 5 mins until Last Bus 1:25pm.
After the match, buses will depart from Church Street as required to return patrons to the Hobart Regatta Grounds and Hobart CBD.
This free service is provided by Blundstone Arena and operated by Metro Tasmania
THREE: FREE Valet Bicycle Parking
We offer FREE and secure bike parking at Blundstone Arena’s Northern Gate. This service allows you to leave your two-wheeled transport in safe hands while you enjoy the game.
Blundstone Arena is perfectly placed to ride to as the Clarence Foreshore Trail runs right past it. At the bottom of Beach Street, a path connects the Foreshore Trail to the carpark. Just ride up Beach Street, turn left onto Church Street and head straight up towards the Northern Gate.
DRIVING TO THE GAME?
Here are some tips for those who have no option but to drive:
• Carpool wherever possible.
• Avoid Rosny Hill Road as this is prone to long delays.
• Use the South Arm Highway / Clarence Street route to avoid congestion.
• Be patient, obey all road signs and directions at managed traffic points.
Here are some tips for when you arrive at Blundstone Arena:
• The main Western Gate on Derwent Street is the fastest.
• Concessions are available from the time gates open at 11:45am.
• Conditions of entry are available on the Blundstone Arena website here
• Express Lanes are available for patrons without bags for security checks.
• The South Street car park will be in operation for the game.