You’ve been at work all week, the kids at school and the last thing you want to do is go home and cook, but you’re sick of all the places you usually go to… so what do you do? Hit up our list of some well kept secret places around Newcastle to get some great food that won’t break the budget!
- The Family Hotel has been opened for a little under two years and is a well kept secret located on Hunter Street. Open late 6 days a week with daily deals to help you beat the winter cold including All Day Meat Monday and All Day Nachos on Wednesdays. Let’s not forget, the Family Hotel is DOG FRIENDLY! Grab the kids, the dog and head down there after a long week of school and work for some great winter meals!
- A classic but always worth a mention when it comes to winter meals is the well loved Three Monkeys Cafe located on Darby Street. Relax and have a warm & hearty Monkeys Bubble & Squeak for breakfast or pop in for dinner throughout the week!
- Equium Social is brand new to Mayfield, catering for breakfast and lunch and perfect for that winter lunch. They’ve just launched a brand new menu including the house porridge to help you warm up on a Saturday morning after watching the kids play sport!
- Carrington Place is perfect for that Saturday Night when you want a night off from cooking but don’t want to wait hours for food in the freezing cold! With their mouthwatering pizza menu and a new dinner menu that just started in April, it’d be a shame to miss out on this top secret location!
- The Autumn Room is another well-kept secret about to boil over with it’s seasonal smash, butter milk waffles and slow cooked beef short rib toasty. Doesn’t that sound better than the burnt toast you were planning on eating for breakfast?